Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shizzle with the nizzle, ya'll

I don't know why but the radio seems to have gone down in music quality. It seems that every night, durin Carrie Chong's show, I hear songs older than me and songs that people like my dad and sis listen to. I guess it's either the industries are not makin' new voices or the new voices are really really bad. Electronica and Reggaeton seem to be the 'it' music. I don't know, maybe I'm just listening to the radio durin' these shows. Mainstream pop sounds like emo pop now. Rock seems to have lost it's graphite. It's either emo songs or fast beats. "Put your hands up for detroit!" I hear this song everyday I listen to the radio. Some DJ mix with a very electronic beat.

To all those people who think Indie rock is a genre of rock where people sing 'indie-y', it's not! Indie rock is independent rock, where groups are either not signed to record labels or signed to independent labels.

I love it when people say, "Oh my favourite kind of music is Indie rock!". I give a little laugh in my head.

I rememer that day when Kenneth and I were takin' the escalator up in CWP, and we saw Kar Wei, we were already halfway up and he tried to run up to meet us, he dropped something while coming up so he had to go down to take it, then he just walked away dejectedly. FUCKIN' FUNNY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home